1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Ahh, Craigslist..... Where There is no Such Thing as MSRP.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by tlc1994, Aug 17, 2011.

1. tlc1994

tlc1994 LawnSite Senior Member

I though I'd make a thread for everyone to share those memorable stories about their experience on Craigslist. I personally have been very fortunate buying used equipment (back-ups, seldom used equipment, etc.) and have yet to be burned. I'd say it's just a matter of knowing what to look for, and being able to turn away if the guy asks to meet in a dark alley in the sketchy part of town. So how has Craigslist worked for you?

2. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

I have bought and sold things on Craigslist for years after giving up Ebay. I meet people in public areas. I have bought a couple of commercial mowers that I used for years.Be careful of stolen property. I did have one guy text me about something I had offering to trade a bag of pot and a gun....Having said those 2 items in the same sentence was scary enough. I did forward it to a cop friend and he got a big laugh out of it.