1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Ahh, Life can only get better!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KINGjosh, Aug 18, 2005.

1. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

Well the lawn game has helped me get out of serious debt after 1 and a half years! I had a total of $16,743.00 in debt from credit cards that I abused awhile ago. I have been sadly paying about a $1,000 a month for a year or more. I just mailed my last check in as we speak to them.

Now I look at it as I have a FREE grand each month to play with or invest into something! Life aint so bad.

2. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

congrads on paying up your debt, hopefully that you learned a valuable lesson

3. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

If you don't need that money, I would start socking it away into some type of retirement account. $1000/mo can add up fast, especially in the right investments.

4. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I see you are 22 years old. If you have a grand a month then are you living at home rent free? Enjoy while you can.

5. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

And dont forget to pay your taxes and buy insurance.

6. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

My next estimated tax payment goes out before the 15th of Sept. And I pay my bussines insurance bill in full every month. Along with my monthly Insurance for my Work vehicle and along with my car.

I was living on my own since I was 17 years old. I just recently moved back in with my mom just over a year ago because my little brother went off to college at F.S.U. She does make me pay $400 a month in rent and I do all the handy work and crap, but that includes the works, free food, electric, and cable. I will take advantage of this while I can, and save it all or something.

7. MrFangs

MrFangs LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

you could get into decent real-estate deals with $1,000 a month

8. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Learn and profit from your mistakes.
    Use that $1000 a month to buy stock in a credit card company. :rolleyes: