Ahhhhhhhhh Ants!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by vipermanz, Feb 25, 2002.

1. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

what should i do for ants that have invaded several pots around my yard???

2. Greg Amann

Greg Amann LawnSite Member

Any idea what species they are. Fire ants maybe. The species of ants you treat will dictate the type of bait we would recommend.
    Fire ants would definitely get Maxforce. One and a half lbs. to the acre 3 times a year will keep them at bay.

3. vipermanz

they are tiny and dark

4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

5. Greg Amann

Greg Amann LawnSite Member

Without seeing them I can't ID them from your disciption. In central Florida we use Terro II and/or Gourmet Ant Bait Gel for sweet feeding ants. The only black ants we deal with here are argentine and crazy ants. Both will take either of these baits. Carpenter ants are the only ant we don't bait for since they are very reluctant to except most baits including the ones made especially for them.

6. vipermanz

their either the odorus house ants or pavement ants

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Viperboy

There are over 120 different types of ants and with out knowing which ones they are we can not give you the help you need to get complete control.

However if you buy Orthene from home chepo, wally world, etc. You can get supression. Apply a tea spoon on each of the pots and any place else you see a mound. In about two hours time time they will be dead. However that is not saying that you have gotten the queen. They may be back. You have said this was your house and therefore it is legal for you to do this because you live there. I know you are not licensed. Good Luck