Aint no guessin where I make my zero turns!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Darin, Jun 9, 2000.

1. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

We just got a new Exmark Lazer. I went out into my own lawn and rode around for a while to get the feel of it. We also do the &quot;T&quot; approach so that we don't tear up the lawn. <p>Mike<br>Greenkeepers

2. boozoo

boozoo LawnSite Member

Could someone please elaborate on the &quot;t&quot; type turn? I didn't quite get it. Thanks

3. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

T-type means a triangle style turn. Instead of keeping one wheel stationary while the other turns (tearing the grass), you go straight, then curve to the left, stop, back the mower up & complete 1/2 of the turn around in reverse, then go forward, turning the rest of the way around completing your turn. A basic 3 pt. turn.<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>

4. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Boozoo, glad I saved you from the Delphi Forum! No one but you and Retro have posted there for well over a month. Well glad you found your way here now. The T turn theyre talking about is just like what you had to do to get a drivers license. Some call it a 3 point turn, some call it a K turn. When you get to the end of a pass, turn left, then stop, back up while straightening out, then stop, go forward while turning left. Picture it in your head. Hope it helped!<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti