Ain't that smart, but

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PR Fect, Jun 29, 2004.

1. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey, I ain't that smart, but can anyone tell me why the exhaust port on my Echo hedge trimmer points out the left side? I think it was maid for lefty's. Anytime you trim higher that your waist, you are getting blasted in the face with exhaust!:mad: Now that Echo smokes a bit, but I do not. I don't think we can get along much longer. Who makes a light weight duel edge hedge trimmer that the exhaust port blows away from the right hand operator?

2. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

why do you have to "pick it up"?

if it is a straight shaft weedeater just roll it to one side to accomplish the same thing!

if it is a bent shaft?.....throw that muther as far across a 6 lane highway as you can and watch a semitruck run it over and then,,,,,go buy a straight shaft!:)

3. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

Stihl works in my right hand, but I wish it was working in someone elses hands. LOL
    Bill
    PS I think it has to do with the direction it turns.

4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

reaaaaaaaaaad again. he said hedge clipper, not trimmer.

i believe the exhaust port on my Shindaiwa HD22 is on the right side, however i haven't used it in a while, so i could be mistaken.

5. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

The exhaust on my Stihl hs 45's blows downwards. No problems.

6. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

oops sorry! go get another kind or pipe that exhaust a couple feet away from your head!:)

ive actuaqlly never heard anybody complain about the hedge trimmers like that!

7. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

The other half here...
    Wanted to purchase a new one for him. Everyone brags up the Stihl's.
    Good choice? Is there something better? Prefer commercial grade because ... well you know.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Jan
    :angel:

8. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

What he's talking about is one of the main reasons I want extended reach clippers!! I can't stand being chogga-bogged with nasty fumes, last hedge job I did I borrowed a handheld set of clippers and puked from the funkage!!

9. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I ran into the same problems, now I only use my electric powered Little Wonder unless I absolutely cannot find any electric outlet. I'll run 40 extension cords before I'll ever use a gas powered hedge trimmer, they suck big time, especially during big jobs.

10. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

You're joking, right?