Air bags

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by MysticLandscape, Feb 25, 2006.

1. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Got them done yesterday. Can't wait to see how they handle a load.

IMGA3350.JPG

IMGA3351.JPG

IMGA3352.JPG

IMGA3354.JPG

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Sweet, hope they work out well for you!

3. NewImageLawn&Landscape

NewImageLawn&Landscape LawnSite Member

I put those same bags on my F-350 in november. I have a truckcraft dump insert, this winter i put about 6000lbs. of salt in the bed and the truck didn't go down in the back at all:weightlifter:

4. MysticLandscape

Thats good to know the most ill be putting in it will be 2 yards of top soil. A majority of the time ill have my enclosed trailer on the back with a load of grass or mulch.

5. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

nice now u can haul more.:)

6. LANDSCAPER30

LANDSCAPER30 LawnSite Member
    from IN

Looks real good!!

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

What do these cost installed we have a van that we use in busines and it sags a little when we are hooked to the trailer.

8. MysticLandscape

The bags themselves cost me $325 then it was $60 and hr to install them, i dont know how much it cost to do just that because i have some other work done while i was there so im not sure how long it took for that i want to say around 2 hrs so your looking at a little over $450. With a van tho it might be a different type of bag so... contact a dealer and talk to them about it .

9. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I hear a lot of guys around here are blowing their bags out.

I don't know how accurate that statement was, just what I have been hearing.

Let us know how they hold up though.

10. Scag413

Scag413 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have air bags on my 1990 Ford F150 2wd and they are awesome. I haven't put a lot of weight in the back yet because I just got the truck this winter. They will sure raise the backend up ALOT with no weight back there.LOL. Good Luck with them, I hope they work great for you.