Air compressor?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mark McC, Feb 26, 2005.

Do you have an air compressor in your shop?

Poll closed Mar 12, 2005.
  1. Yes, I do.

89 vote(s)
  2. Nope, I sure don't.

9 vote(s)
  1. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

For those who have one, is it vital to your operation or just very convenient to have?

How big is the tank and how many ponies on the motor?
  2. green with envy

green with envy LawnSite Member

No but it is at the top of my list to buy this year.

3. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

I just have a small one. Just enough to put air in the tires and rune air tools break bolts loose. Had a bigger one before but gave it to my dad. Didn't have room to really store it and use it. I'm one of those without a shop to work in.
  4. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

It is not something that I need to run my business but I would buy another if it broke.

BTW, I found this one at the dump. All I had to do was put an air hose on it. :D
  5. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

We have a 60 gallon compressor in our shop where I work and it is vital. We have so many tires that could go flat and do go flat and we use our impact wrench all the time so we would be lost without an air compressor. I have a little 20 gallon at home that works fine for what I need it for.
  6. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

30 gallon at home 2.5 gallon in the trailer just to fill up tires i think its worth it ever have to fill up 4 truck ,2 trailer 4 mower tires at a gas station .25 cent machine ????? no thank you

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Just big enough to air a tire,snap on impact to pull the blades off.
  8. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

I have 5.5hp 33 gallon in the shop. Actually wish it was smaller. It doesn't get used a great deal and takes it awhile to fill the tank, then after using takes a while to drain it as well. But it's better then nothing, when I need it I'm dang happy it's there.

9. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 60 gallon 7 hp. belt drive compressor. I would say it is a really important piece of equipment. :waving:
  10. scrib

scrib LawnSite Member

We have a 80 gal. 6.5 horse two stage in the shop and a 30 gal. 5 horse in the garage.