Air Conditioning for your walk behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawrence stone, May 19, 2000.

1. Air Conditioning for your walk behind<p>A rainy day garage project by lawrence stone<p><br>Go down the auto zone or whatever and buy a 6”<br>fixed fan and mount the fan to the dashboard of<br>your walk behind. <p>Also buy a cup holder that will hold a spray bottle mist<br>device that used to hold a hair care product that now contains<br>cold water.<p>Also take a trip to your local hardware superstore and look in<br>the seasonal dept. for one of those umbrellas that clamp to a<br>lawn chair and the handle of a toro WB. <p>I can use the umbrella for those long days in the saddle mowing<br>the athletic fields. <p>This fan setup with the aid of a battery powered ultrasonic bug<br>repellent and some 6-12 eliminate those pesky flying insects<br>when you mow especially early in the morning.<br>

2. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

you crack me up!<br>Good ideas; just make sure to have an additional batt. or a HD alternator on mower to keep batt. charged :)<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>

3. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Must be another one of those rainy days over there in PA if you have time to think this stuff up. Maybe you could patent it!!

4. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Can you incorporate a beer can hat into it to?? One with 2 can holders! That would be a real selling point<p>Mike<br>Greenkeepers

5. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Dont laugh-the college uses wright standers, they all have umbrellas mounted on them.<p>Wish I had one-then Id be mowing rather than watching the rain come down.<p>Bill

6. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Necessity is the Muther of invention.....Good to have you back Stone.

7. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

While I have seen some large Toro mowers with air conditioned enclosed cabs, I have never thought of a walk behind with air.<p>How about this idea. Buy one of those vynal cab enclosures made for walk behind snow blowers, and mount it to your walk behind. A roof top air contitioner unit from an RV or such mounted on the top blowing down...<p>This project may take more than one rainy day.<p><p><font size="1">Edited by: jaclawn

8. steven Bousquet

steven Bousquet LawnSite Member

my office already has air, and our lazers go fast engough to cool you. hat work well too. the air ride seat on the new lazer is like riding a couch, maybe i could a cable.

9. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

the new hustler walk behind comes with a drink holder and a drink container.<br>maybe air will be a option in the future...lol

10. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

OK HOW ABOUT RADIO DIALS BUILT INTO THE HAND CONTROLS, OR MATBE GELLY SEATS ALONG WITH GELLY GRIPS FOR COMFORT.<p>MAYBE HEATED SEATS FOR THE LATE FALL TOO AND A FULL 4 WHEEL SUSPENSION ON ALL 4 WHEELS FOR ADDED COMFORT.