1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Air filter info

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gorrell, Feb 23, 2000.

1. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know if Donaldson or Nelson makes a turbo style air filter for a Kohler CV-22?, and where can I find it? Thanks, Lynn

2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

The 26 Kohler fuel injected engines have one. I know they have a retrofit kit for the 25 Kohler. I think it would fit the 22 as well.

3. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

this spring i am also getting the turbo filter for my new kholor 25. its a couple hundred bucks but i definitly thinks its worht the investment. im pretty sure it can go on a 22.

4. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone know where I might find a retrofit kit for the changeover? Thanks, Lynn

5. Keith

Find a Kohler dealer and have them look it up. The dealer I went to and asked about it said there was an entire part # for the kit, but they couldn't seem to locate it. They looked it up in two or three groups, I guess the bracket, the filter assembly and the hose and elbow. They came up with a price under $200. I guess if the Kohler dealer doesn't understand what you are trying to do, tell him to show you a diagram of the 26 FI engine.

6. Keith

Exmark's new web site list part numbers for this conversion for Kohler horizontal engines. They are Kohler # 24 743 22 for the cleaner kit. The elbow kit is Kohler #24 743 20 for the CH18, CH20, CH22 engines; Kohler # 24 743 25 for the CH23 engine; Kohler #24 743 21 for the CH25 engine. <br>