Air filter info

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gorrell, Feb 23, 2000.

1. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know if Donaldson or Nelson makes a turbo style air filter for a Kohler CV-22?, and where can I find it? Thanks, Lynn

2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

The 26 Kohler fuel injected engines have one. I know they have a retrofit kit for the 25 Kohler. I think it would fit the 22 as well.

3. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

this spring i am also getting the turbo filter for my new kholor 25. its a couple hundred bucks but i definitly thinks its worht the investment. im pretty sure it can go on a 22.

4. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone know where I might find a retrofit kit for the changeover? Thanks, Lynn

5. Keith

Find a Kohler dealer and have them look it up. The dealer I went to and asked about it said there was an entire part # for the kit, but they couldn't seem to locate it. They looked it up in two or three groups, I guess the bracket, the filter assembly and the hose and elbow. They came up with a price under $200. I guess if the Kohler dealer doesn't understand what you are trying to do, tell him to show you a diagram of the 26 FI engine.

6. Keith

Exmark's new web site list part numbers for this conversion for Kohler horizontal engines. They are Kohler # 24 743 22 for the cleaner kit. The elbow kit is Kohler #24 743 20 for the CH18, CH20, CH22 engines; Kohler # 24 743 25 for the CH23 engine; Kohler #24 743 21 for the CH25 engine. <br>