Air filter missing??

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by dc33, Apr 17, 2007.

1. dc33

dc33 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I just got a Super Z with a 30 horse Kohler and was looking at the Donaldson air filter and only noticed an out filter, but no inner one. My Exmark 27h Kohler has both. Is suposed to have just the one?? On the housing it has part number for two filter, so Im thinking they just forgot to put on the inner one :(

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

We only use one filter.
    The 2nd filter is not needed in our application, we get the filter higher up and out of the nasty air around the engine.
    This has been talked about on here many times, do a search and you will find more.

Pj

3. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

My 27 kohler did not come with the filter either. No big deal, buy a inner filter.

4. wall

wall LawnSite Member

The inner filter (safety filter) main purpose is to keep dirt out when you pull your outer filter off. My mowers have the Fleetguard AH19086 housing and use the AF 25551 primary and 25552 safety filters

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I would also like to point out that if you do add the inner safety filter the engine may not run properly, this has happened, primarily on the Kawasaki engines.
    In our application we get the filter up and away from the engine (out of the nasty air), thus the reason for not needing the inner filter.
    When you add the inner filter the engine may struggle to pull air through both filters, causing a rich running situation that will foul out plugs and the engine will not run correctly.

Pj