Air filter replacement?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by FIRESCOOBY, Jun 17, 2007.

1. FIRESCOOBY

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

I have the mower listed below and was curious when I should change the air filter?

I have about 230+ hours on the mower and the filter indicator hasn't moved. Manual lists "as needed".

Thanks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Are you looking at the filter gage while the engine is running at full throttle?
    It may not need replacement yet, I would pull it out carefully and take a look at it.

Pj

3. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

I have an 04 SZ and my indicator never moved either. It finally broke of and I had to replace the entire canister. I didnt put an indicator back on but just check filter visually. Basically, dont trust the indicator and if you break it off, can be an expensive repair!

4. FIRESCOOBY

Yeah, it's at full throttle and has never moved. Filter appears dirty (it's been very dusty lately) so I'm gonna replace it.

Was gonna buy one a few weeks ago, but dealer didn't stock item:rolleyes: .

Thanks

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

James doesn't stock it?? or was out at the moment?
    I have to believe if he didn't have it, he was sold out at the moment, it is the most popular air filter we have and James is one of the largest dealers in the country.

Pj

6. FIRESCOOBY

I'm sure that's what it was, just what Alyssa said. I feel confident that James tries to keep it in stock, just a slip in ordering.