air filter upgrade

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Berkshire, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Berkshire

Berkshire LawnSite Member

I have a turf tracer hp that i bought this spring, it has a 19hp kawasaki engine on it . I was wondering if they make a donaldson air filter upgrade kit for this mower and if they do about how much does it cost?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello,
    Thanks for taking the time to write in. I am sorry we do not have a Donaldson air filter upgrade kit available for the tthp.
    Brian

3. Berkshire

My father has the same engine as mine on his laser hp ( 19hp kawi) and his motor has the canister type air filter on it. Why would it not work on my engine??

Thanks

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello,
    I would visit with your Dealer and give them the model/serial# to your engine and they can contact their direct Kawasaki Service rep. You might be able to purchase the Donaldson filter type through your Dealer.
    Thanks,
    Brian

5. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Kawasaki should have something. It wont be very cheap though. Which 19 is it? The FH601 or is it the new smaller displacement 19?

I know for the larger engines the kit involved either replacing the carb or changing the jets in the carb depending on which carb you had so it could get very expensive if a carb change was needed :(

6. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I have one on my TTHP. Call Kawasaki they will give you a part number. It's going to be around $200. Well worth it IMO.

7. Berkshire

Pugs
    The engine I have is the FH580v kai , I will have to go to my dealer and talk to him about this upgrade.

8. Proline52

Proline52 LawnSite Member

I was wondering if you ever got an answer from your dealer regarding the possibility of adding the canister filter to your 19 hp TTHP? I would like to make the same upgrade if something is available.

9. Berkshire

Proline 52, I have not been to my dealer yet to ask him. I will probably go to see him in a couple of weeks. Will let you know what i find out.

10. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Your dealer might not be able to find the part number for the kit. Your best bet is to call Kawasaki and ask for the part number then get the dealer to order it.