1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Air Filter

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Mikol, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Mikol

Mikol LawnSite Member

Where do you think the best place to get air filter from.I need AF-25550 Fleetguard comes out of 19 hp Kawasaki.I check J-THOMAS AND could not fine it online.any help please.
  2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Post the model and spec numbers off the engine so I can look up Kawi's part number, There could be a couple different filters depending on the spec number.
  3. Bill Kapaun

Bill Kapaun LawnSite Senior Member

If that's a cylindrical filter, 7.38" long 3.5" OD x 1.824 ID, a Wix 46449 should work. IF NAPA has it, it would be a 6449?
  4. jkason

jkason LawnSite Senior Member

Keep in mind, if this thing is under warranty, you are taking a chance using an aftermarket filter.
    If there is a problem related to the filter in any way, they won't cover it under warranty.

If it's out of warranty, I can understand wanting to save a few bucks.
  5. Bill Kapaun

Bill Kapaun LawnSite Senior Member

A misconception! Look up the Moss-Magnuson Warranty Act!
    IF the application is listed in the filter manfs. catalog, they get to "duke it out" with the engine manf. You'll be covered by one of them.
    Now IF it ISN"T in the filter manfs. catalog, you may be on thin ice, since they can say you "misapplied" their product.
    Wix lists that filter for various applications, including KAW.