Air Filter

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Turf Cutters, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Turf Cutters

Turf Cutters LawnSite Member

I was at my local dealer looking at the Turf Tracer HP with the 17 hp Kawasaki engine. The dealer told me that it comes with the Donaldson air filter. Is this true?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Turf Cutters,

Thanks for the post. There's been some confusion regarding the new canister air filters on the Kawi air cooled v-twins.

To my knowledge Kawi does not offer a canister air filter for the 15 hp or the 17 hp v-twins used on the TThp. For all 19 hp and larger air cooled v-twins an canister is available either as standard equipment (depending upon the equipment manufacturer) or as an option through Kawasaki.

Thanks

Terry

3. K&RLAWNS

K&RLAWNS LawnSite Member

TERRY
    I checked with my dealer and a distributor rep for exmark and have gotten conflicting reports on installing a cannister filter on a 21hp kaw which came with standard filter. The dealers mechanic said I would at least have to rejet the carb or possibly replace the carb due to amount of air flow. The mechanic estimated the total cost to be $250.00-$500.00. I'm guessing the mowers equipt with the cannister have carbs and intakes designed with intentions of using a cannister filter. I would appreciate any info or input you can get from your engineering dept. I own a 2001 exmark LHP48w/kaw21.

4. eXmark

K&R,

If you take the model and spec number off of the engine and take it into the dealer they should be able to tell you which kit you need as well as pricing information. You can also call Kawasaki at 949 460-5687 with the same information and they should be able to tell you which kit you need. One other alternative is to e-mail me at terry.eckert@exmark.com with your model and spec number and I'll give you the latest information Kawasaki has provided me.

Thanks

Terry

5. eXmark