AIR HAMMER --need help

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by ed2hess, Dec 1, 2013.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

This one of those tools I have done without. When I need to take a flywheel off an engine I drop by the dealer. I am wondering if this Harbor Freight product would work?

Screenshot_2013-12-01-20-18-52.jpg

How is different from my impact wrench? And will I need a head on this? Do these specs tell you anything about its hammer capability.

Screenshot_2013-12-01-20-19-08.jpg

Screenshot_2013-12-01-20-18-52.jpg

Screenshot_2013-12-01-20-19-08.jpg

2. I would say that would be a good one in the $46 dollar line.

3. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Their earthquake one gets really really good reviews. All mine are ir
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from South Jersey

Ed, that is a impact gun. This is an air hammer......

139273_2000x2000.jpg

ericg likes this.
  5. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Gold Member

If yer lookin' for a quality tool, that will "git er done" then go with this unit from IR : http://www.ingersollrandproducts.co...pactools/3-8-drive/2115timax-series/2115timax
    And fer today, and today only..... it's only 19.95! A steal at twice the price!
    Guaranteed not to nick, chip, crack, peel, rust bust, or collect dust!
    2 1/2 lbs of brute force!
    My 1/2" is relegated to the bottom of the drawer anymore.

6. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Isnt Ingersollrand products now made in China?

7. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Yes Larry, Their made in China now..... I bought a 231C 20+ years ago when they were made in merica, I finally wore the anvil out year or so ago and bought this one;

http://www.amazon.com/Ingersoll-Ran...ty-Impact/dp/B0002SRM3I/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_1

I can't see or feel any difference between the merican and chinese, It's do'n the same daily job with no problems.....

Ed..... Get off the wallet and buy a REAL air gun, You'll thank yourself.....

8. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I have a 2135timax and then snap on battery powered ones. I had both mg725 and the 3/8 but sold them when I got the battery powered ones
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. GLC

GLC LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Get that one from Harbour Freight. For your little usage, it will last a long time. I use my little cheap one a few times per week and it is holding up fine. just a drop of oil every week and it keeps going and going. I think it is a good investment.

10. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Gold Member

My unit is "assembled in USA", prolly using Pakistani parts!
    But who cares, All I know is that its a bad a$$ impact. It can handle flywheel nuts, lug nuts, hydro wheel motor hub nuts, and ( what I bought it fer) blade nuts and bolts. Notice the trick 15/16 X 3/8 drive socket.
    I figure, if ya use the tool to earn a livin with, then why play around with JUNK?

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

010.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

010.JPG