air in hydro system ?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by LazerZHP, Aug 28, 2005.

1. LazerZHP

LazerZHP LawnSite Member
    from Maine

I serviced my exmark lazer hp hydro system,the way the manual stated .I mowed for a few hours seemed ok other then at lower throttle speeds,sounded a little morning started it and was growling alittle,and was sluggish,?how long would it take to get air out?reservoir was drained completely,filter was filled to top when installed.
    Thanks for any help
    Grand View L/L
    P.S. mower has 1800 hrs
  2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Jack the back wheels off the ground, Start the unit and run throttle to atleast 3/4, Move the sticks back fully then forward fully do this a dozen times or so then drop it back on the ground and try it again.
  3. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

I seen this before and if you have a lot of air or an older system this could take 10 to 15 minutes of run time to remove all the air from the system. If the filter was changed and it was not pre-filled it could take more than 20 minutes to bleed it all out. Make sure filter is secured as well as any hoses. Put the by-pass valve in drive mode, if left in by-pass mode it will take 3 times as long to bleed the system of air. We have this with Exmark and Ferris all the time at the shop. Good luck