Air lift tables

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by oldrustycars, Apr 12, 2006.

1. oldrustycars

oldrustycars LawnSite Senior Member

im guessing lots of you use the Handy brand air lift tables in your shops. the grey ones, with the foot pedal to operate it. they are pretty expensive, getting to be over a thousand when you add the extensions that make it wide enough for garden tractors. there are some others out now for quite a bit less money, around $600. anyone used them? I've used the Handy, they are extremely sturdy. i just want one for home use, doing more tractors for side jobs, and im getting too old to crawl around the floor. Greg Smith equipment is one company making a cheaper one. thanks for any input.

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Yep, got two of the handy lifts at work but here at home I use a A-frame and a 1 1/2 ton com-along and can stand a Tractor or ZTR on the back end so never could see spending the money.

3. lucforce

lucforce LawnSite Member

I never liked those tables for use on lawn tractors. I always used them for Snapper rer and smaller equipment-pumps, generators, etc. They make great work benches but kinda pricey as a work bench.

Some people love them.

They are not sturdy enough for me to put myself under and work on a tractor. Also, if you do not step down the air pressure their herky-jerky movements can bounce a mower right off of it.

4. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

I changed the air valve on mine at work so I do not have the herky-jerky movements you speak of. On it I can control the up and down speeds independently. I have it set up to go up slow and go down just a bit faster. The shop air is set at 90 PSI. I do not know how bad the herky-jerky movements before I changed air valves because the air valve was broken when I started working there.

5. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

After rebuilding the foot valves 3 or 4 times I mounted ball valves on a post next to my work area. I can regulate speed easy going up or down no jerking.