Air powered grease gun

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TJLC, Oct 12, 2000.

1. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone out there use an air powered grease gun as opposed to the manual pump kind.If so,do they work ok or should I stick wth the traditional kind. Thanks for any help.

2. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

tj: back when i mowed lawns i picked up new a lincon air operated grease gun that mounted on a 35 lb tub on wheels.
    it cut my grease time in half the cost at the time was 475.00. i had a air hand gun ,it was a pain you had to change the 14oz cartrige all the time
    anthony

3. Guest

We use an air operaterated grease gun and we like it a lot. It is the lincoln brand and takes the same size cartridge that the full size hand ones take. It cost around $70.00 and I think it was well worth it but I also keep a hand one around to use on fittings that you can't get to with the fixed end.

4. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought you could get the flexible tubes on the air grease guns along with the fixed??

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I saw a 14 volt cordless grease gun in a catalog. I wonder if its any good?

6. sunrise

sunrise Banned

We have both
    The air powered is great and with the flex hose your have no problem.
    Home Depot have them for about 25.00 but you may get what you pay for

7. stick

stick LawnSite Member

I got an air power gun from Auto Zone for $30.00 with flex hose. Works good, got 2 years on it, not much can break on them.

8. Grasscape Inc

Grasscape Inc LawnSite Member

They work good. Cheap ones are about $20.00 Can spend alot more. We like them more than hand pumps.

9. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

I had trouble with air pockets in my Sears one.

10. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Well, I got my new air grease gun today and like it a lot. With my bum shoulder I had problems greasing, but not now. I got one at Auto Zone and it was $35 for the Lincoln. It so happened my new DC was due for a grease job, so I tried it out as soon as I got it filled up. :)