Airflo tailgate sander info?

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by thelawnguy, Dec 15, 2000.

1. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Saw an Airflo 2 stage tailgate sander last night. Looked like a stout unit. Anyone with info on this? Did not look at all like the western/meyer/etc style sanders.

2. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an airflow tailgate spreader. I love it, it works great. I use bulk salt and a lot of tailgate spreatders get clogged. THe airflow has a conveyer belt in it and can handle anything you can give it. I would buy another one if I have the chance.

3. snow

snow Guest

Curtis makes a two stage swing away unit that's auger fed, not conveyor fed. look into one, because if you keep a snowblower in your truck, you could just swing the spreader away and get your snowblower. check out other brands also, like the western/fisher pro flo 2.

bryan

4. thelawnguy

I found the spreader I saw at http://www.air-flo.com/products.htm its at the bottom, model mss. This thing makes the curtis and western look like toys. Guess Ill have to call the dealer on Mon and get a price.

5. snow

snow Guest

the curtis and western have a 10cubic foot capacity , while the air-flo has a 6.5 cubic foot capacity, just something to think about before you shell out your money.

Bryan

6. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Guys before you spend any money. Just remember ya still got to shovel the sand into the spreader. I would price out a v-box and a tailgate before ya buy one.

Geoff

7. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

We have 2 air flow tailgate spreader and they rock all other tailgate spreaders. As far as capacity goes, just add a 2x6 or 2x8 around the top of it, and it will hold as much as those silly plastic hoppers. They conveyor belt is awesome, and they spread great as well. Awesome units for small lots and sidewalks.
    Dino

8. RB

RB LawnSite Senior Member

I"m looking into purchasing one. Found a dealer who sells them for about $1,900. They weight about 240 lbs. very strong looking. I tried to make it a point to stop everyone that has one on their truck and they all stay there are great.

9. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Nicest thing is we bought 1 yr old units, for 1K each. If I were to pay full price of 1900, look for a used v box, or anty up the extra grand for a v box. But for 1K you cant go wrong with that unit. Unfortunately this is the wrong time of year to buy any thing snow and ice related.
    Dino

10. thelawnguy

My big drawback for a v-box, is that I effectively limit the use of my pickup for 6 months, then the matter of storage the other 6. The tailgate sander can be removed if need be and tucked away in a corner. For my 3 moderatew lots refilling a tailgate sander from the truck bed half dozen times would be a compromise I could live with.