airflow kit?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by sodzilla, Mar 28, 2004.

1. sodzilla

sodzilla LawnSite Member

When I ordered my WB last week I also ordered the mulching kit for it. When I saked the salesman about the blowout baffel I hear everyone talking about he couldn't find it in his book. He did find that there is an airflow kit included with the mulching kit. Is this what I need or is there something else that he can't find?

Thanks for your help,

Brian

2. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

When I was looking for this with my dealer, they couldn't find it either. Then I remembered one of the hustler reps hear saying the walkbehinds used the blowout kit from the shortcut. Have your dealer look back in some older parts book for the short cut mower with the same deck size as your walkbehind. You should find an airflow kit there.

Hey hustler maybe you should update your parts literature to reflect this. and list the airflow kit as an accessory for the walkbehind. Otherwise noone will be able to find it.

I don't know how mine will work yet. I didn't get the kit on until the cuttin' season ended last year. Haven't used it this spring yet. I will let you know.

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I have the part # here, I need to find it in my notes.
    I will post it this afternoon.

Pj

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The part # for the airflow kit on a 54" WB is the same as the airflow kit we used on the Shortcut.
    It is part # 325019
    It is not included in the mulch kit.

Pj

5. sodzilla

sodzilla LawnSite Member

The mulch kit I ordered was for 36" or 37" WB what ever it is. I'm still debating on the 54" WB or a Super Z for a second mower. The dealer has both of them in stock. So when I decide all I have to do is go buy the mower, but will need to order the mulch kit after that. It all depends on what jobs I get.

Whats the part number for the 36" baffel?