Airport traffic

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by steveair, May 31, 2001.

1. steveair

steveair LawnSite Bronze Member

hello,

A few pics I got today while out on the field. Its kind of like working next to a highway, but the cars are much bigger and a lot faster.

And ya, I know, I need to cut the dam grass here! I'm gonna lose my stripes soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

steveair

oh ya, its a navy hawkeye that just 'stopped' in for while and did a few touch and goes for about an hour. Sometimes I feel I should be paying the company to work here.

2. jcoat

jcoat LawnSite Member

It kind of pertains to this, Steve, but I have a friend @ the Tulsa International Airport who took me through an Antanov 124 (second largest cargo jet in the world behind it's bigger brother) awhile back and she showed me some "damage" pictures of when it was taxiing down the tarmac blowing over cars! Pretty interesting pics of 70,000 hp+ engines flipping over cars while it was taxiing, so be careful if one ever comes in while you're mowing!!! Sorry to go off topic, but just thought I would share since it was an interesting trip!

3. SLC1

SLC1 Guest

I will take some pictures of the fields that our company mows. We mow the A.NG. and A.A.F.B bases at the airport and both are about 50 acres each, the lawns are right next too the taxiways and service roads, it is awsome to see the planes land and take off while we are mowing. I will get some pictures next week when we are up there.

4. steveair

steveair LawnSite Bronze Member

SLC,

sounds good, would love to see some more airfield mowing pics. as they aren't a very common scene in the business.