1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by 1grnlwn, Mar 7, 2002.

1. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

I received a contract back from a client who has taken full program for two years. This year they signed up for grub control. That is it Grub control. I have always offered a 6 step program with the option of dropping any app. that the client did not want. People in this area not made of money. But is this taking advantage of my aim to please? Or does everybody deal the ala-carte programs? should I start charging more for the Individual treatments and discount full program? This could get complicated when you add in pre-pay discount. I don't want to have too many special pricing schedules, or I will have real mess.
    Or should I dursban them LOL.:angry:
  2. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Far too often, we as small business owners let one thing seem like a mountain when it's just a pebble in the road.

Did you ask the customer about this and if so what was the response?

If they are using some one else for the apps I'd send their money back. I personally don't share well.
  3. trimmasters

trimmasters LawnSite Senior Member

who cares if they just got grub control? try and sell um for apps to. if not just give em the grub. its one more customer to add to the list = more income
  4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

sure y not? but at an increased fee. explain that, just like anything else u buy, price is based on quantity. the recoed keeping alone is enough to make only one app. not worth the trouble.