1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Alabama Guys

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by hair, Jul 27, 2008.

1. hair

hair LawnSite Member

I'm kicking around the idea of starting up a pool/ lawn care business next spring. I've been working for 2 years as a pool guy, but I want to work for myself. Do you know of any specific certification or laws concerning the lawn care aspect that I would need to be legit.

I've think I've got a handle on incorporating, business licenses, and things like that, I'm just having a hard time finding out about the law stuff.

2. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

after the business license you need insurance, as far as certifications i dont think any are needed until you get into chemical applications.

3. hair

hair LawnSite Member

cool man thanks for the response. What's going to be the best way to get that? I looked up like an allstate quote. Would you recommend something national like that? I think I've read on here, but how much does that usually run for a year?

4. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

i dont even know what mine runs, but it's through a smaller local company and it's pretty reasonable.