Alabama Wholesale Nurseries/Farms

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by GardenofWeeden, Oct 8, 2004.

1. GardenofWeeden

GardenofWeeden LawnSite Member

Does anyone know of a wholesale nursery or farm in Alabama? Possibly even Tennessee... I heard of a large farm in Tennesee, but any info in Alabama would be greatly appreciated...
    Thanks again!!

2. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

i use one in alabaster alabama, just south of birmingham i know they grow annuals and im pretty sure that they grow shrubs as well anyhow here is thier web site they have good prices and have the best looking plants that i have seen www.bartonsgreenhouse.com If you need more info or want to get one in TN let me know i have the directory for the middle tn nursery assoc. it has prob 200 nurseries listed in it in tn just let me know what ur looking for and i can send ya some phone #'s message me if u have any other questions ... hope this helps ya out.

3. jmt34

jmt34 LawnSite Member

I use Tom Dodd for all my ornamental shrubs. Check out their website at Tomdodd.com. I use Grady Holt (sales), Phone is 251-649-1960. They are located in South Alabama. (Mobile area)

4. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

head to mcminnville tenn. if ya cant find any there you are s.o.l. see ya

5. Mowmoney00

Mowmoney00 LawnSite Member

Yep .. he's right. Go to McMinville or Smithville TN. (just southeat of Nashville) You have some of the largest growers in the country in that one area. There has to be over a couple hundred growers just in that area. I know several of the big growers and we do alot of business with them, you won't believe some of the prices you can get. I bought a Grade 1- 4" Red Maple the other day for $55.00. Not sure where you can look to find a listing of all the nurseries in that area.

6. midtnstone

midtnstone LawnSite Member
    from mid tn