Alamia came through again

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dennis, Feb 21, 2001.

1. Dennis

Dennis LawnSite Member
    from Ga.

Just recvd. new Echo 12" pole saw..and articulating hedge trimmer 17' reach...it arrived in great cond. and easy to assemble.
    so far only draw back I see is ....dang it sure is heavy!!!
    17lbs dry weight, seems like more though.
    this is 5th purchase from Alamia and so far not one bad thing to say, I think this means a lot these days

2. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

The only problem we had with them was the run around that we recieved about their Shindaiwa product line. It took us over a month to get a straight answer. They finally had said that they will not be carrying Shindaiwa products anymore. Other than the lies and the runaround they are ok.

3. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Dennis,

You'll find that when using the pole pruner or hedge trimmer attachment that you're definately not as strong as you thought you were. If you have a big strong football player type on your crew let him play with your new toy and you just stand back and watch. After trimming 6 or 8 palms with one I'm sore for the next 2 days. lol

4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Its a real upper body exercise tool. I would be lost with out mine!

Gene

5. Just remember to take brakes. Your arms, back ect will get stained. couple of things to be carfule about, look out for cable,telphone wires. Also, I do this with my unit, watch out you don't smash the chock lever with your elbo. It's alot earsir than you think.:)
    John

6. Dennis

Dennis LawnSite Member
    from Ga.

After a Small sample of it and hearing all your responces, looks like someone may get a better deal than I did.
    But I do need the excersize. :)

7. MWHC

MWHC LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

I have bought a bunch of stuff from Alamia; Equipment / parts, ect. It always gets to me in a hurry, in good shape and is the correct part. Their prices are great too.