1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grasshog, Jul 1, 2001.

1. Grasshog

Grasshog LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone ever order a mower from alamia??

Is it as good as a deal as it looks

I noticed this sight has a good savings over dealer prices.

I"m looking at ordering a couple of 60" exmarks.
  2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I looked,and to be honest,my dealer matches their prices easily.I cant see any reason to buy from them,wheni can give my money locally,and have the service if i need it.The Dixie's and Exmarks are both the same price,or cheaper locally.
  3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

my dealer is also cheaper. i bought my exmark lazer cheaper at the dealer than what alamia posts.
  4. dhicks

dhicks Member

I never bought a mower from them but I did buy a RedMax Backpack blower. I saved some money and the product was shipped quickly.
  5. Grasshog

Grasshog LawnSite Senior Member

John and Mdb you both must have great dealers. Mine out this way or a grand higher after tax. Alamia doesnt charge frieght nor tax.
    My big savings would come from me buying two. $2,000.00 still in my pocket.
    I'l call again and check with a dealer.

6. Since I can't get 21" commercial grade LawnBoys around my part of town, Since Alamia carried them, we ordered one from them. Came on the day promised, since then have oredered many more. They do have their problems, but have always been responsive to complaints or questions.

If you can not get a machine that is not carried around you localy, I wouldn't be afraid to go this route. They have been a positive experience for me.
    By the way, it's a good way to find out what's happening localy up there in denver, colorado.:cool: