Alaska Gold Rush

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by allinearth, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I love that show the guys are complete idiots and that makes it very entertaining. Just sold everything, packed up and went to hunt for gold in Alaska...priceless

2. hoeman376

hoeman376 LawnSite Senior Member

I love that they had to get a 15 year old kid to tell them whats wrong with there jig, then to add insult to injury they start going crazy over speckles of gold and the kid say "its just gold fever, they dont have anyreason to be celebrating. i saw three speckles, and if you think about it 600 dollars in gold cant justify what they have spent." I honestly laughed out loud. Guys are idiots

3. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

Watched it the night before. Guess they were airing all of the previous shows. Showed me a lot of "what not to do". Father & son, got a business plan, then Dad decides to do his own thing. Dad gets anxious to get the shaker (I think) off the truck. Running out of fuel, getting enough to let the equipment run for 45 minutes????????????

NOT people I would want to follow in a business sense. Came across it while channel surfing. Probably done with it, unless nothing better on.

4. bobcatexc

bobcatexc LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

We have a loader like this at work and was playing around yesterday and came across this.

http://www.machinerytrader.com/email.asp?emid=554109

I'm curious if this is working out for them and they want a smaller loader for next season or what? It shows it was updated recently.

5. Lefet

tried clicking on your link, didn't work.

6. shooterm

shooterm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Hehe they'll sell that for 60k CTL they'll trash :). They've got to have some sort of outside backing like discovery channel helping them out. If this is a real venture I'm betting they plan around making money around the show not gold. Anyways waiting for someone to lose a hand or get buried in a hole all for the glory that is TV.

7. Lefet

Pretty sure that wasn't my link.

8. Lefet

Sorry, bad post.

9. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

That one old guy half of the time cant make out what hes saying.

10. juststartin

juststartin LawnSite Senior Member

I know other reality show cast members get paid 30k per episode each... so I assume it probably pretty close on this one.