ALCA training manuals

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Mykster, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

ALCA has three training nanuals for Maint., Installs, and Irr. There 80$ a piece, and I believe their 150 pgs. I was thinking about purchasing them. Before I buy them I was wondering if anyone else has bought these in the past. Are they worth the purchase? Are they any different from other educational books? Any insight would be great.

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

are they training manuals for the CLP and CLT?

3. Mykster

It didn't say on their website if they were or not. Guess I'll have to double check.

4. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

I was wondering this to, do the books train on Landscape how to do's or do they explain on how to prepare for the test.

5. Mykster

Name: SET of 3 - Landscape Training Manuals for Technicians, SET-0028
    Description: Exterior
    Product Detail: Associated Landscape Contractors of America

Purchase all three employee training manuals and save money!
    Features: Landscape Training Manual for Installation Technicians
    Landscape Training Manual for Maintenance Technicians
    Landscape Training Manual for Irrigation Technicians
    With easy-to-read text, numerous illustrations and photos, and the latest industry information, these manuals off the highest quality training material for landscape construction, maintenance, and irrigation technicians.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    These manuals are excellent study guides to prepare candidates for the ALCA Certified Landscape Technician-Exterior and Canada's Certified Horticultural Technician exams. If certification is your goal, these manuals will help you achieve it.
    Price: $195.00

This is the description for the thired book that covers all three phases.

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

ok, so it helps with the CLT exterior certification. If you want to take the test any type of studying material helps out I feel. And if they put it out, which they are the ones that give the test, I would jump on it.