Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by humble1, Jan 12, 2008.

1. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

anyone use this combo product ? do you like it?
  2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Our local insect professor thinks there is not often a reason for using it. I think it contains Merit and Talstar or some similar combination. Best to treat surface and below-ground insects individually. And probably at less cost.
  3. PHS

PHS LawnSite Senior Member

That's my take on it too. If there is something that requires both materials, mix them together. Otherwise you're just spraying extra unneeded chemicals.

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

If you need both products for sub and surface control you can only mix them if your'e using a spray tank and doing all hand spraying, if you time it right and explain to your'e customer you will need to still do another app of talstar possibly due to the surface activity and the bifenthrin losing it's residual in time. I really don't believe in not using merit or allectus, atleast in this area because if you do get the damage and your'e telling the customer they don't need it or your'e local " insect guy" is telling you that you better do some research yourself. not only are merit and talstar excellent products they will also help you grow your'e company.
  5. roguesuerte

roguesuerte LawnSite Member

We use it and are very happy with the reults. No second app. for grubs if you time it right. We had a problem with ants in alot of our properties that necessitated repeat applications, before Allectus. Great product.
  6. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got nothing but great things to say about Allectus. It works great!
  7. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Excellent product and well worth it. Used them last season with some chinchbug outbreaks and on lawns that traditionally had surface issues each year and had no problems.

You wouldn't have to put a second app on for grubs merit is a year long product, The talstar in allectus is what you sometimes need a second app of if the Surface feeder problems are bad enough that season due to the fact Talstar has a very short residule.
  9. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

The introduction of Allectus into the arena took IPM a couple steps back.
    And that's a shame.

Yeah it's really ashame, it's also ashame so many good chemicals have been taken from our industry, actually IPM stratagies remain the same in this part of the country as you get to know your lawns you will realize you don't have to use allectus on every lawn..