Alectus

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by humble1, Jan 12, 2008.

1. PHS

PHS LawnSite Senior Member

PSU, If you read my post I was I was refering specifically to ornamentals not turf because on the Allectus label there is a whole section on foliar sprays, drenches, soil injection etc. There is no reason as far as I know to be soil injecting Talstar. It's just unnecessary pollution. Same for most foliar spraying, one material or the other works fine by itself and adding the other is unnecessary.

2. PHS

PHS LawnSite Senior Member

Vic,

Just doing a quick look at the labels, looks like chinch bugs and cutworms are the two primary pests not controlled by Imid. that are controlled by Bifen.. Does that sound right?

3. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

granular fert alectus under : turfgrass surface feeders adult or larvae chinch bugs and sod webworms are controlled with this product. Bonus you get flea and ticks as well!

4. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

Bifenthrin (Talstar) controls all of the surface-feeding lawn-damaging insects for me. Billbugs, chinches and aphids among others for example. The Imidacloprid (Merit) is what I rely on for subsurface lawn-damaging insect control.