All About The Walker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MightyMc12, Jul 11, 2004.

1. MightyMc12

MightyMc12 LawnSite Member

Who uses Walkers? How much did they cost you? Has any one used the little 13hp Walker. Do you like the cut?

2. ince8728

ince8728 LawnSite Member

I used to work for a guy who had 2 16 horse Walkers. First of all, DO NOT BUY a 13 horse, if you will be doing a good amount of accounts you will need at least the 20 horse model and maybe the 25 horse. The 13 and 16 horse are just sugar coated home-owner models and don't have enough power for rugged every day commercial use. The 20 horse and up is what would prob be best. Also the quality of cut and bagging ability is top of the line. You can get a good used 20 or 25 horse Walker between 3 & 5 grand.

3. MightyMc12

Wow my dealer is really trying to screw me. He has a 20hp Walker with 200 hours on it for sale for $7000. I wish we had an honest mower dealer in Idaho.

4. MightyMc12

What about the Walker by: Walker anybody tried it?

5. bigdaddyspags

bigdaddyspags LawnSite Member

7000 for 200 hours doesnt sound too bad to me, i paid 9000 for a 26hp efi with 16hours

6. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

I worked for a guy and we put over 3000 hrs on a 16 hp with no problems. I have a 16 hp with 700 hrs in 8 months and its still going 100% although when I get my next one, it will be at least a 20 and probably a 26.

7. ince8728

ince8728 LawnSite Member

i could be wrong 7000 doesn't sound too bad for a walker with 200 hrs. But it depends if the previous owner took good care of it or not.

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I have the 26efi. I bought off ebay for $9K....had 9 hours on it, but got a full warranty. I have the 48" GHS deck, the 52" mulch/discharge deck, spring tine dethatcher and rear deflector shield. I catch grass when I do dethatch jobs, leaf cleanups and scalping warm season turf. In the summer, just mowing, I use the discharge deck. If you are doing this as a business and not a hobbie, I would recommend buying from a dealer....just mainly for the support. My next one (whether it be a Walker or anyother brand) I will buy new, just for the reason alone. $7000 for that mower does not sound bad...about the going rate. A new one would cost around $8500 here.