All Decked Out "Turf Magazine"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tacoma200, Sep 23, 2007.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

There is a very interesting article on decks in the September Turf magazine. It shows Hustler, Scag, Exmark, Toro, and John Deere MOD decks from the bottom. You can easily see how each one differs and why they may cut differently. It was odd that the XR7 pictures shows it with the rear triangles still intact. I am guessing they are sending this model to the Mid-West and the cut out triangles to the South East. The Scag is the only one that has substantial room between the front baffle and leading edge of the blade to allow grass time to stand up before being cut. Very interesting to see how each company approaches the design of the deck. Just thought you might like to look.

2. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

Tacoma, I just got my copy in the mail and don't have that article, what page is it on? I have Turf South mag. which should be the same as you have?
    Dave

3. DCE

DCE LawnSite Senior Member

Turf North has it in September, Turf South will be October.

4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Page B4 September edition (Turf Central edition) Great article. Not sure what page in the Southern edition. For some reason they have Kentucky in the Central edition so you may have to wait till next month. I suppose it is because we have mostly Northern grasses here because they stay green almost all year long even though we are in the transition zone.

5. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Yea i just got mine today...Turf Central..

6. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

I wonder why Ferris isn't in there? I would like to see how they compare.

7. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

I scanned it but it is too big to post.

Yes Mike i know that i am not supposet to do this but it is the only way, the document is to big no matter how many parts i split it in to. unless modertors can post bigger files, if so i will send it to the mod that wouldn't mind posting it.

I am aksing mods how to go about getting it to people who dont have it that want to read.

Mabey post email?

8. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

That is a good article, and is interesting but i havent read it all the way through yet.

I think they just chose what they felt was the most popular mowers and used those because there a quite a few that wern't featured.

9. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I'm a little disappointed they didnt have Gravely in there with the new XDZ deck. For those who care, mine is STILL grass free! we mowed some serious cabbage a week ago, nasty, wet 2ft tall grass and the next day there was absolutely no grass build up when I checked it! I couldnt believe it. I have only scraped the deck out once this year and it was minimal then. So this time the dealer wasnt blowing smoke up my arss! lol.

10. screensnot

screensnot LawnSite Member
    from MI

I'd really appreciate it if you would email it to me.

screensnot at yahoo.com