All Diesel?

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Richard-TX, May 14, 2011.

1. Richard-TX

Richard-TX LawnSite Member

2. alanauer

alanauer LawnSite Member

Not heard of that. Maybe they equate diesel with solid, professional, well capitalized. Reminds me of a trucking firm looking for drivers with college degrees. I asked them why. "It reduces the applications."

3. Richard-TX

The whole thing is laughable.

"Mowing equipment and trucks must be diesel thus contributing to the City's green initiative of lower emission and lower noise pollution..." They obviously never stood next to a running diesel engine.

4. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

PITA, at best, read it careful. I would run from that one!

5. Richard-TX

The only way I would bid on it is if I included all new equipment and trucks plus the PITA factor. Something on the order of $427,000

6. Heavyduty1

Heavyduty1 LawnSite Member

Did you ever find out what the the bid went for?

You can stop by the town finance dept and ask for a copy of the May 24 minuites because tax payer money pays for this. If they act like you are crazy, just mention the Freedom of Information Act. :drinkup:

7. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

Thats a custom contractor tailored bid if I ever saw one.

Somebody put all that stuff in there to ensure that one contractor already had that job

8. Heavyduty1

Heavyduty1 LawnSite Member

Yep, I bet the guy who has the contract now told them exactly what to ask for, because that is what he has now. :laugh:

I know a local contract that says 2000 ac needs to be bushhogged twice a year. A friend of mine lives 100ft from the place and says it only gets cut one time a year but the contract pays out the full price every year.

9. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

It was like how the volunteer fire department worked that I was with for years.

The chief and assistant chief wanted to keep their spots and their red lights and sirens.

So every year, whatever courses they took, they got the board to add to the requirement to run for the chief office. So every year the candidates that worked the previous year to be qualified were met at the last minute with new qualifications that they didnt have. So far its worked for them for about 20 years.

10. Richard-TX

According to the city's website, they rejected all bids. You can draw your own conclusions.

I wonder if anyone makes a diesel powered weed whacker?