All Done!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sodgod, Nov 30, 2004.

1. sodgod

sodgod LawnSite Member

Well guys tonight was my last job on the list. My year is officialy over. All the gas is out of the machines and everything is put away. Yeah it feels kinda a good ....but i am startin to think...wat the he** am i guna do this winter. I don't plow. I'm gunna b bored off my A**. I work at a christmas tree farm so that will keep the money flowing until dec. 24 but after that...its relaxing time. Gettin ready to buy some new equip. though I'm thinkin a redmax 7001 and next early summer hopfully a exmark 52 turf tracer. :rolleyes:

2. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Wish I could claim that but I have 56 more clean ups to go still.

3. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Been done for a couple days and already bored out of my mind.I plow snow but we arent getting any :rolleyes:

4. richard coffman

richard coffman LawnSite Senior Member

I've been done for a week now. been sitting at home watching mail call, the history channel, the learning channel.feel like I've gained 10 pounds allready. I do snow plowing during the winter months, so other than that, It's vacation time and getting business ready for next spring. what's everyone been doing??

Respectfully,

Richard/Owner ;) :D

5. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

The antidote to boredom: Vodka.

6. sodgod

sodgod LawnSite Member

Heres one of the many jobs i did this year. Thought some of you would like to see it. I posted my equipment picture as well. Yes i am only 17 but have a passion for landscaping. let me know what you guys think!

wall re.jpg

wall1 re.jpg

wall3 re.jpg

equipment.jpg

7. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

sodgod, You do some very nice work there. I really like the retaining wall. The grass in that picture is just soooo nice (pic of equipment)... just feel like taking an afternoon nap on that grass!! beautiful turf. I'm 17 but my primary interests lay in mowing, cleanups, mulching and snow removal. Anything other than that i'm not terribly excited about LOL. I like to build things, modify things and buy/sell/trade stuff too.
    So far, just one more cleanup to go then we're done! for the last week or two i have been looking forward to this! we take on alot of one time cleanups during the fall, its good money really helps pay for the toys, errr... equipment i mean! there for a while we were booked for 2 weeks. Usually had one guy working for me, on a few jobs had two working (thats serious productivity). it has been such a WET RAINY dreary leaf season here... really sickening.

ps. wish i could fit all my equipment into one picture haha.... i can't even get my truck and trailer into one pic (much less my parents idiotic driveway)... one ton Ford dually w/12' flatbed and a 22' trailer (that i built).

Keep up the good work!
    Eric

8. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

my break comed in a few more weeks. we cllose the last week in december and the first week in jan. I'm heading to the bahamas on a cruise jan 2nd.

we start back full throttle jan 15th on pampas grass.......... i lothe the stuff.
    glad i have employees doing that while i'm doing installs.

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We finished yesterday, thank God for that. Now for the snow...

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Kelly, you better hope we don't have another early snow like last year (Dec. 6th) or you're f***ed.