All fired up and have to vent

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jimbo, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Man I am worn out this year.

Last month I couldn't remember to put the trailer gate up. Two instances where I pulled off with it down.

This month I put 21 hours on my ZTR without even taking off the trailer. How is that possible you might ask. Well with all these stupid saftey switches (brake must be set, levers must be out, before getting off the seat etc) I get off the seat and the machine dies....I think nothing of it and walk away with the key accidentally in the on position.

THE HOUR METER RUNS OFF OF THE IGNITION SWITCH!!! EERRRGGGGGHHHH

Two nights in a row and 21 hours later.

Sorry had to vent. Anyone else with similar problems?

2. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I did the trailer gate thing, sure am glad nobody saw or heard it, very embaressing

3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

worn out? and its only just beginning. where we are the toughest part of the year is comming up. wont be done for another 3 and a half months. i feel your pain pal, i feel like im 70 yrs old. in march im ready to go, eager, strong, durable, by august im no damn good, beat up, tired, run down. be careful!

4. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

If the truth be known, I think most of us has done the tailgate thing.

5. hustlers

hustlers LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

not as much motivation, but cool weather i can
    work longer periods, get a little slack on weedwhipping though

6. Jerrys Lawn Service

Jerrys Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Been there, done that! On Scags Saber Tooth Tiger the hour meter won't run unless there is oil pressure. Sorry about the 21 hours, mine was more like 30 before the battery died. Just my luck to do it on a Sat, then found the dead battery Mon. morning ouch!

Jerry

7. The Mowerdude

The Mowerdude LawnSite Senior Member

I did the tailgate thing a couple of years ago. The trailer I was using had a big tool cage on the front and I couldn't see the gate. To make matters worse, it was the last yard of the day and I had about 10 miles of interstate to go to get home.

I kept thinking: 'Why are all these people looking at me like I'm stupid or something?"

You would have thought that someone would have tried to let me know, but NOOOOOOOOOOO, they were having too much fun!

I felt real bad about it until one day, I say an OTR truck driver buddy of mine do the same thing with those huge ramps they have on a lowboy trailer. I felt better after that.:)

8. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

almost had my rear enclosed trlr door fall on a car because I forgot to latch it...now I do a walk around EVERY time I'm ready to move...so far so good...and yes I've left the key on a couple times....now when I shut off I'm in a routine where I pull the key and put it in my pocket ...every time...having one of these heavy things sitting there dead and trying to jump start it is something I never want to do again....but I'msure I'll do something stupid soon ...I think many of us are a bit 'burnt' out like the turf....been a challenging year in a number of ways...not the least if which the never ending god awful heat and dryness

9. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

I have done the trailer gate more than once. Never more than a few feet. I always have the window open and could hear it.

Running down the big road with it down now that has got to be prime. :D

Another LCO around here drove 35 miles with out his trailer and didn't know it. Got to town, he lived way out in the county, pulls up to his first job gets out and :dizzy: :dizzy: :cry:
    Drives home to get it.

LOL LOL ROTFLMAO

10. The Mowerdude

The Mowerdude LawnSite Senior Member

Now, you gotta admit. When a man is so oblivious that he doesn't eve realize that he hasn't brought the trailer along, it might be time to be looking for something else to do.

Well, I'm not that bad, but there have been a number of times when we'd pull up to the first job and I'd find that I'd forgotten the keys to the trimmer racks.