All I think about is work

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by howardsells2000, Apr 11, 2006.

1. howardsells2000

howardsells2000 LawnSite Senior Member

I have been having a terrible time sleeping. As soon as I lay down I start thinking about what work I have to do in the morning. I start rethinking everything I did or said through out the day. My mind just wont stop. I work hard all day, come home tired but can't sleep. I guess I'm still to new. I'm excited every day.

2. jordanj2003

jordanj2003 LawnSite Member

In Texas we have a solution to that. BEER. Haha, I usually drink one a night to take th edge off the day. Ol Milwaukee's Best is my best friend.

3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

This is a good thing..I run all my work and future prospective jobs through my head too..helps keep things in line up there and plan for the next day..but you must put a limit on yourself..15 min of thinking things through then do a mind and body relaxation thing....
    at this time mine is..I am building a cedar lod cabin built up on 6 Cedar trees cut to make a treehouse cabin..in a beautifull mountain meadow with a clear trout stream way down the hill flowing in front...
    I envision and plan this dream cabin as a relaxation tecnique and it helps me let go of the day.There is one where you can envision a big evrgreen tree in your head..each branch holds a problem or worry in your life you see the wind blowing the branches of the tree the branches releasing the problems and worries on by one tell they are gone.
    Also telling the back of your eyes to relax and all the muscles tha hold your eyes in and around your face...
    You can also start telling one toe at a time to relax..release..let go with your mind and work your way up your body slowly one part at a time..one side at a time......that works good too.

4. jordanj2003

jordanj2003 LawnSite Member

I got real sleepy all of a sudden after reading your post sheshovel. I keep wanting to call you shedevil for some reason but I'm new, I'll get used to names eventually. Anyways, I'm gonna drink my nightly beer and tell my eyes to relax.

5. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

Practice meditation.

Meditation is exercise for the mind, you exercise your ability to focus, the result is your mind will wonder less.

6. A1A Lawn Care

A1A Lawn Care LawnSite Member

wow im new to the business, and i have trouble not thinking about work, but i enjoy it. and like my man said, have a beer!!!:drinkup:

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Build a Web site for your business in the hours after you get home, that will help wear your mind out :)
    Don't just think about doing it, but do it.

Then your mind is tired every day and in a year or so it will not bother you so much and maybe you even have a cool web site for your business as a bonus to the whole thing.

8. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

I would rather be worrying about work than anything else. My mind is always racing on how to do things better. It's life!:drinkup:

9. DESTEFANO3782

DESTEFANO3782 LawnSite Member

medication my friend. helps me

10. bobcat9957

bobcat9957 LawnSite Member

Work more hours so you are to tired to stay awake. And beer will work too.