All in one Weed/crabgrass/sedge control

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by selaeration, Jul 21, 2011.

1. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

echelon 4sc ,,but I had louzy results at lable rates, and fmc rep never replied to my concerns n questions bout it
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Yo! Am I missing something here or are you treating cement with Broad Leaves and sedge?? I never saw anyone say which turf species you are treating.

Try Pennant made Novartis, the active is Metolachlor and it is a pre emerge that controls both Sedge and Crab Grass.

3. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

Posted via Mobile Device

4. WestGaPineStraw

From my experience on this site, most of the newbies are cool season grassers. So I threw solitare as a suggestion. Although, solitare works great on all warm season grasses except st aug
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

West

Because I deal with St Augustine almost exclusively. And it is so susceptible to herbicides. I forget cool season turf is so easy.

6. WestGaPineStraw

Ric,

I deal with as many cool seasons as I do st aug, a handful. By far cool season is so easy here, a lil fert, fungicide n iron.

St aug takes some knowledge because its just not fert n squirt. You can't just give it the flavor of the day. So I agree the st aug requires more skill and an arsenal of products.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. PSUTURFGEEK

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

You may want to try Tenacity by Syngenta. It is $ 50.00 an acre. all of the other options mentioned are double the cost of Tenacity. If you buy 8 gallons or more there is a pretty big price break coming at you as well.

8. Lost Pine

Lost Pine LawnSite Member

Could you tell me where you get your Solitare from for $125/lb..? Does that include shipping...?

9. WestGaPineStraw

John deere landscapes
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Young Bros

Young Bros LawnSite Senior Member

We get our Solitare from Agrium. Can't remember the price, something like $110 an acre. We spot treat out of electric backpack as part of the program.