1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

All leaf rigs and boxes post your pics here!!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Nick's Neat Landscaping, Oct 17, 2009.

1. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

sorry for the blurry photo.
  2. BlackDog3

BlackDog3 LawnSite Member

This is the first year i have a stakebody to do leaves. I am not sure how i am gonna set it up yet. I just bought a Ultra vac system for my lazer z. Expensive as hell but i should be more efficient. Maybe next year i can get a truck loader! Sure beats blowing them into a pile with a back pack and the lifting them into my truck!

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i would just bite the bone and buy one now, finance it out for 36 months if you have to and pay for half of it this fall and then pay it off in the spring. thats what i did. you will be a super productive crew with a new ultra vac and a leaf loader. three grand isnt that much to bite off.
  4. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

I agree. don't wait. I probably paid $2500 for my BillyGoat truck loader in 1998. Still going strong HUGE time saver.
  5. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice leaf rigs
  6. Eurosport

Eurosport LawnSite Member
    from Canada

I agree 100%. Until you've used a leaf loader you cannot understand how much time and effort they save. Look on craigslist I'm sure you can find a loader in the $1200-$2000 range. Last year I got a barely used salsco loader for $650
  7. old oak lawn

old oak lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Mine-- I just finished putting it together, will try it out tomorrow. 11 hp billy goat bought [never used] from Craig's list for $1200.00. I made the swing out hitch myself for $90.00 from scrap i had left over from other projects. [Dealer said factory hitch was $700 ] It is not open all the way in the pic but it does open all the way so i can dump.

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Here's current pics of mine...I need to repaint the one side, it got all scratched up from a rake and I tried to touch it up with some spray paint but it obviously didn't match.

9. BlackDog3

BlackDog3 LawnSite Member

I was looking at the leaf sucker up deals, they just seem so much. I would love to bight the bullet for that, but i really need a new truck or maybe a new motor for my 82. Maybe next season i will get one.

10. thu cutting edge

thu cutting edge LawnSite Senior Member

i was looking for another one for my crews. so i found one on craigs list for 500 and its only 4 years old so the deals are out there. just be patient. i love the leaf rigs though will try to post some of mine.