1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eric ELM, Feb 10, 2001.

1. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

This a post written by Grassmaster on another forum I would like everyone to read. This was in a reply to tight Censorship on LawnSite.com and why it is necessary. Thanks in advance for reading it.
    Eric ELM

Columbus, JawJa of the great U.S.A.

This was the title: Just My thoughts! I'm not pointing fingers at any one person!

Hello Everybody:

"Everybody Knows what to do with the Bear Except the Man that has him!"

If you owned or ran a Major Outdoor Power Equipment Manufacturing or Service Corperation, how much would you pay to Sponsor Butt shots? Would you pay by the length of time, the Size, how many page views or replys it got? LOL?

I think the above average person that it takes to perform a duty such as this - Owning or Running a Major Corperation. Would allow maybe a hour or so for it to be removed or if it & other crap was put up on a regular basis, they would never even Support it to start with. If you divide Common Sense by 1 million percent, believe me you will come up with the same answer? "That's a Fact Jack!"

If you owned or ran a Major Outdoor Power Equipment Manufacturing or Service Corperation, how much would you pay a Sponsor to run your Banners & a few inches below the banners their is all kinds of negative feedback about their products or services. I've never seen any other Website, newspaper, Tv Show or Radio Station do this. So why should this forum?

If you owned or ran a Forum like this one, like Chuck does & you need to keep the content free for the members. But you need funding for Bandwidth, Software, Programmers, countless hours of labor day & night trying to get the site back up because of problems of some kind & etc...

Would you be able to do it any different than Chuck & get the funding possible to run this forum, making it a success? No, because if anybody could they would be doing it NOW?????

I've even tried & with no success at all. So anybody that is able to come here & look at this forum. Getting all kinds of free Information, Hints & Tips that does not do anything but save you Time, Money & Plenty of Mistakes, why would anybody do anything to hurt it. How many people that have been here for more than a month, can actually say this forum has not helped them in one way or another?

BTW me being one that did try to start Several Forums with no success, I still get treated like Royality. You know Chuck doesn't ask for much of anything in return, But us to act like responsible Adults & while we are here to not put up anything that you wouldn't let your 10 year old look at. Yes, from past post we all know that there is some minors comming here to learn also.

I now pick out certain threads & save to my computer, so my Daughter will not have to look at crap & decide how much she looks at it before she clicks on delete.

But who really cares as long as they get their 5 minutes of fame from the chosen few that feel this is a free country & they can deficate it as they wish? In my case it's not a free country as I continually have to support it & have to protect my family from certain aspects of it?

So lets see hear, So you say Quote: "We can do as we want, no matter how much this forum has helped us finacially or Mentally?" Well making a statement like that is about the same as going home & beating your wife for cleaning house & cooking you supper? It makes about as much sense as Kicking your dog for barking at these 2 people that have guns that just knocked out one of your windows & trying to come in your home in the middle of the night?

It makes about as much sense as violating the Forum rules & thinking you can get away with it?

LOL, if everything was kept close to a professional level & the rules followed like you agreed to do when you joined this forum. Chuck would be in a lot better shape to even further this forum & God only knows what he would be doing for us, here on this forum. He has already proved himself beyond a Shadow of Doubt?

So why would anybody want to do anything to hurt this Forum at all? It just don't make sense to me?

BTW: This as all other post will probably get deleted, because everyone has a different idea of what should be done & not done? It just gets worse as others add their 2 cents worth as I have mine. We are at 16 cents now. :)

I'm more than glad to do anything I can to help this Forum & So should everyone else. :)

Written by Grassmaster and copied and pasted on this forum with his permission

[Edited by Eric ELM on 02-10-2001 at 02:44 PM]
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I got a PM from a member asking about this post. I should of explained it better when I first posted this and I now have added why. This was in a reply to tight Censorship on LawnSite.com and why it is necessary. Sorry if I confused some of you.
  3. Grassman

Grassman LawnSite Member

No need to apologize Eric, most of us know why its needed. Thanks for all you do. Russ
  4. What?