All New 2014 Bad Boy ZT Elite Still $4999!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by retrodog, Oct 3, 2013.

1. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

it just swings open for access..... We have everyone and their dog asking for a spoiler, so that's the closest they came up with. It looks really neat on there, fits the looks of the motor. I heard the Kohler rep talking the motor up and spitting out all the techs on it, but I wasn't paying attention....lol. Bad news if you want the rops though, the spoiler wont fit with them at same time...

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

If that engine is supposed to be so high tech, why no high tech air filter?

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The Kohler reps at the dealer meeting didn't have anything in writing on the engine, specs wise....
    They did say they are debuting at the GIE Expo later this month though, I would imagine all the information will be available by then.

Pj

4. retrodog

Price brother, its still a homeowner motor, even in the top tier homeowner range.... You get into the $6000 to $7500 and up mowers you start getting the cyclonic briggs with cyclonic filters, 30hp Kohler command with canister, or FS Kawasaki with over double the life expectancy.....

5. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

I understand that, but you know a bunch of them will be sold to commercial guys looking for a back up or those who can't afford more machine just getting started.

So, is this engine designed to go heat to head with the B&S Cyclonic?

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Kohler will have an engine in the new series that will have the canister filter system in it also....

[​IMG]

Pj

7. retrodog

No its designed to compete with the Kawasaki fr, briggs professional, etc. The cyclonic Briggs is the next level up, it is the Kawasaki FS, kohler Command, etc. It really put Briggs America up as a competitor. Definitely the lowest out of all the commercial motors, but holding up just as well. I have seen a few issues, but no more than any of the other top tier motors...

8. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Do you know the HP or the HP range that the new Kohler will be in?

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Dont hold me to this, but I believe the one I posted is a 30 hp under the new rating system.

10. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Looking forward to learning more on the new engines. Thanks to both you and Retro for the replies.