all ohio contractors

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by CLARK LAWN, Jul 25, 2006.

1. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

I was inspected by the dept. of ag. today while on a job. i was legit for the work i was doing but was informed that if i do any installion work i would be illegal. found out you MUST have a ohio nursury dealer certificate if you do any installion work. lisence is $75 and is valid from jan 1-dec 31. He also recorded the number of workers i had on site. He also told me that Ohio is going to be cracking down on lawn/landscape companies throughout the state, they will be looking for commercial plates on truck and trailers,checking saftey equipment, and making sure you are legit. Just a heads up to everyone

2. martinslandscaping

martinslandscaping LawnSite Member

Thanks for the heads up

3. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Did they stop by your worksite? What kind of work were you doing? Thanks for the heads up too.

JP

4. CLARK LAWN

we were mulching, saw a white car sitting about 3 houses down for about 10 min. then it pullled up and a guy got out walked up asked for the owner. i walked over he handed me his card and showed me his ID then told me what he wanted. we were OK because we were only mulching if we would have had any plants to install we would have been busted.

5. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

At least you were ok with the truck and plates and all that. Good thing you had no plants sitting in the bed of the truck. Do you carry a copy of your vendor's license with you? I guess I will be getting a copy of it and putting it in the truck.

JP

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

It don't sound right to me. You can purchase nursery stock for resale to the public with only a vendors lisc. and install it with any of the cities lisc. The only time you need the nursery lisc. is if you grew the plants and are installing them.

Did he tell you what or where this law is?

7. rider

rider LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Sounds like a lot of crap to me. No way am I going to purchase a license for installs. Will do some investigation.

8. rider

rider LawnSite Member
    from ohio

9. CLARK LAWN

he gave me a paper that explains it laws are under plant pest laws section 927.51-927.74. applies to us because we are considered dealers as we buy and resell to the customer.

10. CLARK LAWN

did you bother to read the site is says "landscapers" right in the description. If you have any ? i have his card here and ill give you his number.