all other mowers vs Exmark

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by sdog882007, Jul 29, 2004.

1. sdog882007

sdog882007 LawnSite Member

What makes exmark so much better of a mower than everything else? What features set it apart?

2. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

The quality of cut without the need for bagging, which enables you to mow faster and for longer without stops to "dispose" of bagged debris.

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Sdog,

It really depends upon what your comparing us to. One constant is our quality of cut. It's rare that anyone will make a claim that their deck design cuts as well as ours or that if functions as well. This has been an advantage we've enjoyed as have our customers. Our deck design not only leaves a nicer looking lawn in most cases but it also uses less horsepower. This is why we can often cut grass much faster than machines with much higher transport speeds and still leave the lawn looking nicer.

You'll also find the semi-pneumatic front caster tires are something most of our competitors don't have and the ECS controls on our walk behind mowers have helped us become the largest producer of commercial walk behind mowers in addition to being the largest producer of zero turn riding mowers.

We also get pretty high marks in customer service, training as well as product innovation.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance. You can pm me at terry.eckert@exmark.com or call me at 1-800-667-5296.

Thanks

Terry

Terry

4. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

On the quality of cut, I have to say eXmark is second to none, from an entry WB like Metro to other higher end mowers, if you keep under deck clean and blades sharp consistently, your eXmark will shine.
    As for service side, I have been in shop only twice when I got Metro in 02, and again 3-4 weeks ago this year when I got my second WB, a used TTHP for tune-up and complete service.
    Now they are all making money in full swing, love eXmark.

5. Jackman

Jackman LawnSite Member
    from Zone

Agree 100% with MTR sharp blades and a clean under side = a super nice cut. My Z is twice the mower that the my old Ransomes T-3100 was, in the cut dept the Ransomes could never compare.

6. number1dad

number1dad LawnSite Member

Cleaning under the deck? Is this just the routine cleaning, or should a hose or pressure washer be involved?

7. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Number1dad,

I would recommend scraping under the deck only. The problem with power washing under the deck is that you can force water into the spindle bearings thus shortening the life of the bearing.

Terry

8. premiereman

premiereman LawnSite Member

I like the exmark mowers I also have an hp. But I would have to say that the kubota zd's are not to far behind if not better! Both mowers are very good.

9. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

There is no single answer to the question of "why exmark".

It's the whole package that makes them our machine of choice.

Quality product, corporate support, warranty, quality of cut, dealer network and support, parts availability, etc, etc.