(all-terrain z-rider) ATZ Hustler

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AZT, Jun 13, 2003.

1. AZT

AZT LawnSite Member
    from sw mo.

What is it and what does it look like. I here it is the newest thing Hustler has. How about it mowerconsultant. Has anybody seen it yet.

2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw it about 1 month ago. Basically it's a hustler ztr with a roll bar. Looks kind of like a go-cart.

3. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

there was a thread in the Hustler forum about a month ago with pictures of a prototype machine.
    You can probably find it by doing a search on this site.

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Yup, I have seen it and drove it.
    This unit will be for hill mowing.
    The design of the unit, balance and weight transfer on the ATZ lends itself to awesome hillsiding.
    It is a lot more than a Super Z with a rollcage, the unit has a extended frame for better stability on slopes, it has weight added to the frame, to help make it stick to slopes better, and has a different pump and wheel motor combo.
    I will have some pricing and engine option info available soon.

Later
    Pj

atz backing uphill.jpg

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

atz ls pic.jpg

6. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

If it's so great on hills, why do you need a roll bar??:rolleyes: :D ;)

7. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

the rollbar is just for safety. There will always eb someone that wants take a machine to its limits or beyond. And if that machine rollsover the hustler will see affects of it in some way.

8. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I know the rollbar is for safety because , like you saids, some people will always try to push thier machines beyond thier limits. Maybe more mowers should have roll cages. I was just giving Pj a hard time;)

9. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

not for sure, but will a z actually roll over, I don't want to be the first to do it LOL:( , But I do some very steep banks, along roadsides etc. I'll get some pics maybe this week, if I have time, but back to the question, I've to the point as to where the rear tires slide down the bank. Could be that I have a pretty good sidehiller as it is. This is it, alot wider then a 60", I'm doing slopes now that used to have the 48" w/b do. I'll probably get bashed for this post.:)

mvc-006s.jpg

10. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not gonna bash you but I will tell you that any mower will roll over in the right circumstances. Z's included.
    Catch a root with those tires sliding sideways and off it goes.

There was a homwowner in Wisconsin killed when he rolled his Lazer down a ditch into the water. You have a wide stance on that mower but being careful is the name of the game. Good Luck.