All the Trimmings thread

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by smmcinto, Aug 3, 2011.

1. smmcinto

smmcinto LawnSite Member

Started this company a few months ago as kind of a side business and it has kind of taken off, so I figured I should start a thread of my own to keep track of my progress on here.

I started out with a 42" John Deere rider and residential grade hand tools. Everything worked great, just wasn't really built for as much use as I was putting it through.

Here is a picture of a 1 1/4 acre home I cut with the John Deere. It's actually a rental property of mine that the tenant abandoned and wasn't cut for 5 weeks!!
    [​IMG]
    Another one of the same yard
    [​IMG]

Here is the house now, 3 months later after LOTS of work!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I just recently purchased some new equipment
    [​IMG]

Dixie Chopper LT2400 with 330 hours
    All Stihl handhelds, virtually brand new, the only one that actually showed any signs of use was the trimmer, but starts and runs perfectly.

I am open to any comments or suggestions.

2. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Looks good,nice equipment.

3. lawnman24949

lawnman24949 LawnSite Member

I was just wondering why you didn't get a bigger ztr unless that is your biggest property. If you got one that was bigger you could be mowing more lawns and be a lot faster but at least you were able to upgrade and get a new mower also you cant go wrong with stihl.

4. smmcinto

smmcinto LawnSite Member

I am only cutting 1/4 -1/2 acres 95% of the time. This is just a rental property that I actually own and the tenants destroyed it. I still want to get a 36" walk behind for the houses that have small gates. I really need a bigger trailer too, I can barely fit the 20" on there with the ZTR, its a tight squeeze.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. zak406

zak406 LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks great man keep up the good work!

6. smmcinto

smmcinto LawnSite Member

Some more work
    [​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. smmcinto

smmcinto LawnSite Member

Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. j-ville native

j-ville native LawnSite Senior Member

Nice equipment. Are you the same All the Trimmings company that considered buying my trailer off craigslist while you were visiting your sister in Jacksonville? LOL small world

9. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

i am not going to comment on the tow rig....i guess you can save gas considering your small mower and trailer.

10. smmcinto

smmcinto LawnSite Member

Nothing wrong with getting 20 MPG while towing!! lol. It actually tows really well, and I have towed much bigger trailers and boats with it without really noticing anything.
    Posted via Mobile Device