All things being equal, will a 60" w/b out produce a 52" zrt?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by We do 4 U, Oct 4, 2003.

All things being equal, Will a 60" hydro wb out produce a 52" zrt?

1. Yes, any day

4 vote(s)
  2. Not on your life

10 vote(s)
  3. It would be close

8 vote(s)
  1. We do 4 U

We do 4 U LawnSite Member

I was thinking like a Exmark 60" TT as compared to a 52" Lazer Z/ Hustler Super Z.
  2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Would all depend on the operators. :cool:
  3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

good point paponte
  4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

And properties of course as well as conditions (wet?) is it gonna have a sulky? If so I think it would be a real close one on open areas, because the TT does 6.8 mph I beleive and most ZTR's I see mowing are not going much faster, definatly not enough to make up for the smaller deck. My TTHP 52/17 mows at full speed (6.2mph) and I trust that a TT could as well.
  5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would have to agree with everything said above. It depends on the driver, the conditions, and the property. And one that I feel is important as well, is how conditioned and maintained the piece of equipment is.
  6. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

The Lazer is capable of speeds up to 9.5 mph, The Turf tracer is capable of speeds up to 6.75.
    In exmarks table at 80% efficiency the walk behind would do about 3.3 acres/hr, where as the lazer would do 3.99.
    The lazer would be more effecient on smaller properties, because of the maneuverability and on larger properties because of a higher top speed.
  7. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Close enough theoretically in the short term, but factor in higher fatigue, higher employee turnover, and higher medical costs from walking or riding a sulky instead of a's really no contest in the long run.

Some things you have to look into deeper than mere minutes or dollars. Go walk for 10 years and tell me how your knees feel.