All This Dang Rain

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joeg2246, Jun 23, 2005.

1. joeg2246

joeg2246 LawnSite Member

Looking for suggestions on motor covers for my String Trimmer and Stick Edger.
    All this rain is really wild here in Florida right now!!!
  2. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

Can you spare a drop? :help:
  3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

4. Miller Rules

Miller Rules LawnSite Member

I know this has nothing to do with this post but I want to know about the trailer you got for sale .Got some pics .Email me at
  5. Hootsma

Hootsma LawnSite Member

I never worry about it. Your vehicle engine gets wet too. The hood does very little to keep it dry at 45 mph. Just take a look under the hood after it is done raining. And, I usually don't stop for the rain, just keep on working, unless there is lightning. But, I saw another LCO driving down the road with trash bags over the heads of his sticks. Seems cheap and effective. After it is done raining don't throw the bags away, use the bags for trash like they were meant to be used.

6. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I thought you already come you are still cutting?
    Yeah, it sucks, rain everyday...sod wet, everything messy. I tried my best to get it done as early as possible before rain starting in afternoon, but now it seems to rain just before noon, so I have no choice but to cut the best I can.
  7. GrassmasterB

GrassmasterB LawnSite Member
    from Florida

i use the plastic bags you get groceries in. the ones with handles and just tie them on. cheap but effective.
  8. Lawnmedics

Lawnmedics LawnSite Member

I hear you on the rain. It has really slowed us down. My trimmers have started running funning and I am sure it has something to do with all the water. The grocery bag thing sounds good but what if they are hot? Good luck sloshing through it. By the way the Orlando Sentinel had an article about the trouble the rain was causing for Lawn Services.
  9. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

Try I think they have them :cool: :cool:
  10. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I wish we could get some of that rain here.