All This Immigration Stuff

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by chuck bow, Apr 30, 2006.

1. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

What is everyones thoughts on this big planned boycott on monday. It seems to me they they are trying to tell us how this country should run and we should be thankful that they are here . To me this is OUR country and if they dont like it take the first bus back to the border

2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

let them have thier day off, who cares

3. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

I felt the same, at first, but somewhat understood how things came about after researching the issue. This day corresponds with May 1st in Mexico, which is a "legal" day of non-work. Most who work this day in Mexico are compensated at 2x the normal rate. It is a bit easier to take it as a cultural day off, rather than a assembled protest to the American economy.

4. mexiking

mexiking LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I have to support my people who suffer so much... It's not anything against the US, we just want to show that we are needed. The US was started by immigrants and now the immigrants of this era aren't treated right when the country does need them, like it always will need immigrants.

5. SproulsLawnCare

SproulsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from IN

I don't have a problem with anyone who has went through the trouble to become a legal citizen of the US, and who respects the country and what it stands for enough to learn the language (and use it), and work for a living (not live off of the peoples tax dollars).

But if all of the Illegal Immigrants want to take the day off, I'm all for it. It just makes it easier to know who is eligible for deportation or prison terms.

6. mexiking

from NJ

all hispanics, legal or not are supporting it...

7. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

mexiking....

the whole debate is over ILLEGAL immigration...

as you stated this country was founded on immigrants..... LEGAL ONES.... not ones sneaking in and not paying taxes on thier incomes..

that is my main objection to this problem. The illegals use social services.. and cost the taxpayers money.. BUT they are paid cash and do not contribute to the social systems that they are benefiting from... this puts an unfair burden on those of us that work and pay taxes....

the same is true for ALL workers working for cash....

8. mexiking

from NJ

yeah but I was hearing a report on TV the other day about the ones who do not get paid cash and have fake socials. They can't claim it for themselves since they are illegal and there is billions of dollars from these that goes into everyone elses social. The US could stop illegal immigrants if they wanted to, but they don't because they are very useful for the economy. I do agree for the ones who get paid cash but that is only some and that's the employers fault. If the employer doesn't ask the immigrant to report their taxes ( fake ss, than it's not the employers fault if it's fake or what not) they are not going to say anything of course. I'm not supporting the use of fake ss's, but sadly that is the scenarios of illegal aliens. In a lot of cases they do take out money for taxes like I said before, even though they are illegal. I was just reading on another post about this guy that hired 3 guys and they couldn't handle it. Most americans don't like doing this hard work so they quit right away. Immigrants come to make money so they can feed their familys, that is it...

9. mexiking

from NJ

That's the thing too, illegal immigrants want to become "LEGAL" so they can report their taxes like everyone else... ( The ones that don't report, and the ones who do report but get no benefit)

10. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

I agreee with you mexking... most of them are sad storys... just trying to make money for there families back home. Also who do you usually see working at 7 or 8 at ngiht on a friday or sunday.. usually they rnt white americans working this late or hard they are mexicans.... sometime gota feel bad for some of them you see... just my thoughts