all those new guys at the office!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sirsweatsalot, Apr 26, 2003.

1. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

well as the season gets rolling and another batch of new guys trying to get into the lawn game appear in my town. i was thinking about other peoples work settings. when someone new starts in an office they don't go and try and get all smart and high and mighty with the boss, they respect him/her, and work. well in the lawn biz its funny that a business thats been successful for a while respects every other company thats payed it dues(even though they might not like the work or people). i'd hope that new lawn services would be a little more respectful and not to try and steal customers away. we all know that good work it notice and will grow a good biz. biz that grows because someone stole the account from someone else by under cutting or slandering another's work will always be watching over there shoulder in case that happens to them. i like to hope everyone likes to get along with most people even though we have our difference.

2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

they will try and "steal " business, not directly, but by promising to do the same "great job, for less money" . they will take some of your customers, but will be gone before u know it. this is a very good reason to follow my rule #1=do not educate your competition!