All those with regular cabs....

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mcwlandscaping, Dec 17, 2005.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Do you find they are too small to keep the stuff you need in your truck (ice scraper and broom, and other things like that). Do you find that they get in the way. I want a regular cab work truck next september but my dad keeps tellin me i will hate it because there won't be any places to keep stuff. Thanks for replies

Michael

2. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Its a Silverado and the only thing that sucks about it is you can't put the seat back to lay down. I like the looks of extended cabs and crew cabs but everyone and their brother has one. I think a regular cab works fine for me.

3. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

I put my crap behind the seat, on the passenger seat or floor, and I also have a toolbox in back that can hold crap.

I like reg cabs, but my next truck will be a ext cab small bed.

4. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha LawnSite Member

My 94 F150, 97 F350, and 03 F350 are all reg cabs. I feel that for work trucks they are the best. I have a storage system behind the seat I have jumper cables, ice scraper, a few each pairs of gloves, paper towels, grease gun and a few extra tubes, a couple cans of WD40 or PB Blaster [​IMG]
    Then I also run weatherguard cross rail boxes in all of the trucks for everything else, chains, binders, road flairs, tool sets, ect.

5. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldn't own anything but a regular cab truck I have had a supercab that back seat becomes a junk collector. If it doesn't need to be in the truck I don't carry it.

Usually I have rain gear and high vis stuff behind the seat I have my work gloves shoved under the seat and have my ear muffs on the seat (2 pair). The passenger side floor I usually have rope and straps plus I have othe miscellanous stuff I want to keep dry.

6. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Behind the seat on my 97' dodge, there is a rack storage system. Very nice. Buy extra bins and there is plenty of storage area. My 93' F-250, on the other hand, has no behind the seat storage.

7. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

precisely same reason....extended cab is junk collector...wasting dollars.

8. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Ditto that^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ when I traded in the truck I found more coats, boots and empty micky dees bag than would fit in a trash can

9. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Strictly for a work truck, regular cab works fine, but some sort of toolbox in the bed I think is necessary. If you are going to use the truck also for personal use, the extended cabs / crew cabs are unbeatable. I just bought an extended cab because I also haul my growing kids around every once in awhile, and I think it is great. My other trucks are regular cabs, and with a growing family there just isn't enough room in them.

10. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

My current truck is a regular cab but my next one will be an ext cab so i'll have plenty of room to collect junk. Just being honest :)