All Weather Connectors? (Signal/Power)

Discussion in '<a href= target=_blank ?>Sn' started by cjtatar, Sep 27, 2000.

1. cjtatar

cjtatar LawnSite Member

Now that I've got my Plow frame fabricated and installed on my Truck, it's time to start the wiring process. Because my design allows the Plow to be removed in two parts (plow being one part and the hydralics frame being the second part) I want to make my wiring essentially plug-n-play. I need a 7 conductor connector for my E47 controls and lighting. Must be able to use 16AWG wire with it. I also need a 2 conductor connector for the Power, 4AWG I think. Anyone know of a site or manufacturer that could supply me with this? What do you guys recommend? Should I get a trailer connector for the signal? What about power? I'd like to use the ones found on the new jumper cables? The battery side is fixed to the grill and then you just plug in the cables when needed.

2. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Go to Napa. Only i would use sperate plugs for the hydrolic controlls, and the light. The square (2-6 pin) trailer plugs work well, the round ( 5-7 pin) don't. I had the same problem last year when i build my pull plow.

[Edited by GeoffDiamond on 09-27-2000 at 03:53 PM]
  3. cjtatar

cjtatar LawnSite Member

Would NAPA carry the 2 pin power connector/plug combo I'm speaking of? What do you guys with quick mount plow setups have in place for connectorization?

4. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

No, in total you will need like 3 connectors.

1 4 gage battery cable connector. They have those
    1 6 Pin trailer plug for the single/headlights
    1 4 pin trailer plug for the plow controlls

You will never find a plug that combines all three of those.
    At least with out spending a ton of money.

Just look around at napa, and look at there plugs, something will pop into your head.

5. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Or you could get the plow plugs that are made for that application from any of the plow parts suppliers. If you don't buy the complete wiring kit, you'll need to get the E-60 power plug (battery wires) and connect to your wires.
  6. Ray

Ray LawnSite Member

You can go to they carry all kinds of new and used parts for most makes of plows. You will probably be better off going with a manufactured wiring harness for you plow than trying do make one yourself. Which ever way you decide to go good luck with your project.
  7. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

And use di-electric grease!!